Characters from Nine Palaces Mountain (NPM)
*MC got the Nine Palaces Mountain in Arc 58: Martial Aunt. It resides within her Reincarnation World. There’s 9 levels/worlds in NPM.
[Latest list update:
As of raw chapter 3815]
Li Si 李四
- Originally an inhabitant of NPM Level 1.
- Extremely loyal to his master, Li Xiang.
- After his death, he becomes the first skeleton to stay beside the Reincarnation Pool in MC’s Reincarnation World. He stays there to wait for Li Xiang’s reincarnation, though it’s questionable whether he’ll be able to recognise said reincarnation.
- In a sort of mutually beneficial relationship with MC. He helps her, she gives him benefits.
- Takes charge of the Book of Life and Death that MC got from NPM Level 3.
Li Xiang 李向
- Originally an inhabitant of NPM Level 1.
- Second son in his family.
- Tried to rob MC but got used by MC instead.
- Eventually enters the Reincarnation Pool for reincarnation. Because his soul was so tainted, he might have to undergo many reincarnations before he gets reincarnated as a human again.
- Used to be smaller/shorter but is now the size of a snake
- Fleshy body
- Blood-red in colour
- Ugly and disgusting appearance
- A creature that ate soul stones from NPM Level 1. Its body automatically filters out impurities in the stones. Its kind are coveted by humans for their ability to sense soul stone deposits. It later switched diet to soul fluid after going to NPM Level 2, then to something unknown after the existence of soul fluids disappeared from NPM Level 2, then to merits which MC gave in exchange for its service.
- Supposedly ugly.
- Bias against and dislikes humans like MC.
- Was very fond of Li Ren and wanted Li Ren to take after its appearance when he grows up. Unfortunately, its wish wasn’t fulfilled.
- Stayed with Ye Lin in NPM Level 2, though it left Ye Lin’s side after it was sacrificed by him when his opponents were too strong.
- MC left the host’s baby girl from Arc 89: Task in his care. It’s a rather devoted and protective caretaker.
- Unknown gender.
- Cooks better than MC but worse than Zhuang Zheng.
Li Ren 立人
- Masculine version of MC’s past face
- Fiery red clothes with low v-neck that exposes chest
- Long hair
- Initially a tiny baby within a flower from NPM Level 1.
- When still in the plant, he spent most of his screen time sleeping and was taken care of mainly by the Golden Earthworm. MC checked up on and fed him when she visited them.
- Absorbed MC’s knowledge when she touched him.
- Took up MC’s appearance when he grew up (human-size), much to her unhappiness. To be fair, he only met MC and Golden Earthworm when he was still in the flower so his choices were limited.
- Disdained the Golden Earthworm (and its looks) despite its obvious (parental?) love for him.
- Named by the Golden Earthworm, who specially brainstormed a name that works for both genders.
- Very passionate towards MC, partly because he wanted MC to choose him, over the Thunder Qilin, as the guard of the hole that connects NPM to MC’s Reincarnation World. The two of them were born solely for this purpose and the one who doesn’t get chosen will die.
- Killed by MC, though she recommended him to the system as a tasker soon after.
- His name literally means ‘Upright Person’.
- Qilin is a type of mythical creature.
- Born in NPM Level 1.
- Born to guard the hole that connects NPM to MC’s Reincarnation World. MC later brought him to the Reincarnation Pool area when its role became redundant.
- Chosen by MC over Li Ren because MC didn’t feel that Li Ren’s personality was suitable for mundane guarding. She didn’t want any harm to come to her Reincarnation World because the guard was bored and distracted.
Ye Lin 叶林
- A weak beggar from the NPM Level 2 who wanted revenge.
- He became MC’s disciple of sorts, though she later abolishes their master-disciple relationship, to his partial relief.
- Saved and stayed with a female NPM inhabitant called Bai Sisi 白思思.
- MC speculated that he should have been the protagonist of NPM’s Level 2 but she took away a large part of his role.
- Established a sect with the martial arts MC taught him.
- Eventually died and met MC again in her Reincarnation World as a very tainted soul. He lingers there, unwilling to step into the Reincarnation Pool.
- Dissatisfied with how MC treated him. Felt that MC should do and have done more for him, as his master.
- Initial form was a black fog
- His humanoid form has grown from a cute boy to a youth. Silver pupils, long black tail with a hook.
- After transformation: A horn, wings, two-pronged black steel pitchfork, tail. Like a little devil. Can grow big.
- At MC’s restaurant opening: Overalls, small red bowtie
- Entity born in NPM and threatened its inhabitants to provide it food (souls).
- Fujun kind of snatched him away and refused to part, though BF does want to stay with Fujun too.
- Same kind of existence as Fujun. They’re the only two of their kind.
- Eats souls.
- Under the teaching and care of Fujun.
- Refers to himself as ‘This Young Master’.
- High self-esteem, likes being praised.
- Tired of the dull Reincarnation Worlds and is interested to see bright and colorful worlds of the living.
Han Chen 寒尘
- Sheltered by Yao Niang and healed by MC when he was injured.
- Originally an outer disciple of Eminent White Sect but left it after being abandoned by its elder when his life was in danger. Decided to stay with Yao Niang and company instead.
- Has a pretty decent red-coloured Fortune Aura.
- Cultivates using MC’s cultivation method.
- Ice attribute.
Characters I suspect will appear again
Cheng Fei 程飞
- The host’s husband from Arc 43: Paranoia.
- Host suspected that he was the one who killed her but she had no evidence, no one believed her and even she doubted herself because he was the perfect, caring husband.
- Ran a clinic.
- Very thorough, meticulous. MC learned from him to leave no traces.
- Died and joined the organisation as a system. Systems have their memories before being a system erased (2333 was the exception).
- I suspect he’s the system of the female tasker Gu Yi from Arc 70: Records of Polishing a Bright Ruler because MC gave that system a discomfiting feeling even though they supposedly never met.
Gong Rong 宫容
- Kept his hair long for cross-dressing purposes until MC had it cut.
- One of the masterminds behind the killing game in Arc 50: Adventure Games.
- Had a younger sister when he was alive.
- Incurable illness, knew he was going to die from young and cross-dressed so that his younger sister can take over the company with less resistance.
- Guessed (correctly, though MC denied it) that MC killed his sister. Wanted MC to accompany him to death.
- Died and it was hinted that he joined the organisation as something other than tasker or system, possibly on the operations side.
Gu Yi 谷意
- The female intermediate tasker from Arc 70: Records of Polishing a Bright Ruler. Her host in the arc was one of the emperor’s consorts who was surnamed Liang and titled Mei Ren/Beauty.
- Seemed rather reliant on her system to instruct and advise her on how to complete the task. Her system plans and she carries out its plan.
- Treats her system as both a teacher and a friend.