Ehhhh, so around the time when I was translating Chapter 7, I found out that… the author actually revised the original Escape Galge Protag (completed in 2015) into a lengthier version here (completed in 2016). I decided to finish C7 of the original anyway, and also translate the revised version.
Should you read the revised?
1. It’s mostly the original with extra details here and there. Highlight the next portion if you’re curious what are some of the additions but beware of spoilers. Notable additions: More interaction with the other capturable characters, a new character(the missing Thursday girl), Aoi’s POV, more interaction with Aoi and Ei-kun, more of Kii’s cuteness.
2. The changes in the revised version are pretty spread out especially after the intro and before the ending. As such, readers who’ve already read the current series can consider reading the revised series.
Thoughts for now and plans for the future
1. Quite happy that some of the additions Hanaka Yui-sensei made has given the story more depth. She also fixed some missing words, odd sentence structures, grammar etc.
2. I’ll be counterchecking the two versions line-by-line to see what has changed so that I can indicate the changed portions for current readers who don’t want to re-read the same thing again.
3. For chapters with no change (if there are any), I’ll just upload the same thing again so that there’s no skips and it’s easier for readers who click links through sites like NU.